I thought it was only appropriate to start this blog TODAY...because I finally decided on a name for it. Thanks for all the suggestions fRiendS, and special thanks to JAB!
I'm living my LIFE like it's golden!
Remix: I'm living my life with the three E's!
02/09/09 (a week ago)
Today, I'm planning on following some advice to live life with the three E's.
Energy. I need it in my life. Especially, when my BS are high, I need more. Exercise helps! Gosh, I wish I could go back to the days when I played volleyball every afternoon at 4:00pm. It was a routine. It was energetic. It was my life. Oh, plus the 1.5 hours of dance every weekday during my lunch period. But, at least, I have the Washington Sports Club (WSC). And I LOVE the WSC because even though my training sessions with Jerald have ended, this gym is so conveniently located. right downstairs. Plus, there's always some semi-cute, sweaty eye candy. Haha. I was once accused - in the fifth grade by the notorious substitute teacher, Ms. Bryant, of liking only sweaty men 'cause I said Ben Affleck was a hottie in Armaggedon, especially when he was perspiring. ;) Anywho, WSC has been welcoming from the start. I received a free week guest pass so I could survey their group classes. And! Best of all, I received a personalized, hand-written letter from Patrick, the guy who signed me up. "See you when your ankle heals!" See, they have supportive staff. Most of all, I love WSC because it uplifts my levels of energy, both physically and emotionally. Or I could hit up Eschena before the start of my work day for that SG SF Vanilla Latte ;)
Enthusiasm. Am I having the case of the Mondays? Of course not! Happy Monday (with a pinch of sarcasm)! Okay, so I'm trying. I'm trying to be more enthusiastic about coming to work on a Monday morning. Oh, and then, head to class for three hours afterwards. Of course, I didn't want to just hang out on the National Mall in the nice, sunny, spring(ish) weather. To read. To lounge. To run a mile around the Monument. To dream about what President Obama might be doing in the Capitol at this. very. moment. Seriously, I'm enthusiastic about Monday. Hmmm. why? I'm enthusiastic to start another grueling, but pleasantly challenging week of physical activity at the gym! Love to feel the burn! Love to feel the muscles breaking down to build back up! And Mondays are enthusiastically perfect for reflecting on my weekend with my favorite colleagues. Had a good analysis convo with a male colleague about "He's Just Not That Into Me". I defended it, while he classified it as confirmation of America's anti-intellectualism. So, then, I recommended "Slumdog Millionaire" as a must-see and the E Street Cinema as a must-go!
More than anything else, I'm enthusiastic for Mondays because I get to plan for the upcoming weekend!
Empathy. I read a short article in the Express this morning about how people who have been laid off perceive the recession and their employment to be a double-headed sword. On the one hand, they have no salaries, no workplace, and no way to pay their bills. On the other hand, they have the opportunity to engage in activities that they never had time for before. I emphatize with them. On my days off, I love how I have more time to clean up my room, do my hair, and pay my bills. To walk around Washington D.C. and to get caught up on my homework.
Today, I'm planning on following some advice to live life with the three E's.
Energy. I need it in my life. Especially, when my BS are high, I need more. Exercise helps! Gosh, I wish I could go back to the days when I played volleyball every afternoon at 4:00pm. It was a routine. It was energetic. It was my life. Oh, plus the 1.5 hours of dance every weekday during my lunch period. But, at least, I have the Washington Sports Club (WSC). And I LOVE the WSC because even though my training sessions with Jerald have ended, this gym is so conveniently located. right downstairs. Plus, there's always some semi-cute, sweaty eye candy. Haha. I was once accused - in the fifth grade by the notorious substitute teacher, Ms. Bryant, of liking only sweaty men 'cause I said Ben Affleck was a hottie in Armaggedon, especially when he was perspiring. ;) Anywho, WSC has been welcoming from the start. I received a free week guest pass so I could survey their group classes. And! Best of all, I received a personalized, hand-written letter from Patrick, the guy who signed me up. "See you when your ankle heals!" See, they have supportive staff. Most of all, I love WSC because it uplifts my levels of energy, both physically and emotionally. Or I could hit up Eschena before the start of my work day for that SG SF Vanilla Latte ;)
Enthusiasm. Am I having the case of the Mondays? Of course not! Happy Monday (with a pinch of sarcasm)! Okay, so I'm trying. I'm trying to be more enthusiastic about coming to work on a Monday morning. Oh, and then, head to class for three hours afterwards. Of course, I didn't want to just hang out on the National Mall in the nice, sunny, spring(ish) weather. To read. To lounge. To run a mile around the Monument. To dream about what President Obama might be doing in the Capitol at this. very. moment. Seriously, I'm enthusiastic about Monday. Hmmm. why? I'm enthusiastic to start another grueling, but pleasantly challenging week of physical activity at the gym! Love to feel the burn! Love to feel the muscles breaking down to build back up! And Mondays are enthusiastically perfect for reflecting on my weekend with my favorite colleagues. Had a good analysis convo with a male colleague about "He's Just Not That Into Me". I defended it, while he classified it as confirmation of America's anti-intellectualism. So, then, I recommended "Slumdog Millionaire" as a must-see and the E Street Cinema as a must-go!
More than anything else, I'm enthusiastic for Mondays because I get to plan for the upcoming weekend!
Empathy. I read a short article in the Express this morning about how people who have been laid off perceive the recession and their employment to be a double-headed sword. On the one hand, they have no salaries, no workplace, and no way to pay their bills. On the other hand, they have the opportunity to engage in activities that they never had time for before. I emphatize with them. On my days off, I love how I have more time to clean up my room, do my hair, and pay my bills. To walk around Washington D.C. and to get caught up on my homework.
02/16/09
I'm still living my life with the 3 E's!
Briefly...
Energy: Tons of it!
Enthusiasm: Tons of it!
Empathy: Tons of it!
-----
Random Notes:
Good luck with The Renaissance event tonight, T!
No comments:
Post a Comment