Sunday, January 31, 2010

Spotlight: Mario

Summer 2002: Somewhere not too far away from Harbin Hall on Georgetown University’s campus, I performed “Just a Friend” in the JSA Summer Program Talent Show with my roommate (a fellow Jersey girl). I absolutely LOVED Mario. Only until recently, I mentally matched Mario with Jersey. He went to high school in Jersey, so naturally, I was proud to claim him and his fame as one affiliated with the Garden State. Come to find out, his roots lie in Maryland’s Baltimore County. That works too. And now his DMV connections are quite apparent…

(1) "Just a Friend": Haha. Just now noticing Mario’s Ravens fan wear and tons of Wizards jerseys…

(2) "Let Me Love You"(kudos to Ne-Yo for the lyrics): no link whatsoever to this posting; i just heart this video.

(3) "Ooo Baby": Mario's most recent single from his fourth album, D.N.A. I’m always amazed at night sightings of DC monuments, and this video captures and blends them well in the various nightlife scenes. Stay attuned in the beginning! My favorite after-work lounge/club/DC's hot spot is featured in the video as well- The Park. And finally, if Trey Songz invented sex, Mario invented ménage a trios. (For the record: I prefer the steamy scenes in Trey's music video.)

Winter 2010: Somewhere in D.C. and eight years later, I'm still singing "Just a Friend", but this time in the shower! Maybe I'll have a run-in with Mario at the Park one day...

1 comment:

  1. cool! Park must be loving that promo!

    P.S. Yay Gtown and Harbin Hall...my 3 best Gtown friends lived there freshman year...good times :-)

    ReplyDelete